Col 1:1-20, 23-29; 2:1-5, 9-10; 3:1-4; Col 4:7-9, 12-13, 18; Phm 10-13, 23-24; Act 19:1, 8-10 .
COL-17-171210 - length: 60:03 - taught on Dec, 10 2017
Paul, an apostle, to the saints at Colossae.
The pre-eminence, supremacy,
Christ’s pre-eminency is described in COL 1:17-18.
We are going to do some background study on the letter.
Next, we are going to examine “the big picture” of Colossians.
After that, we are going to outline the letter.
And then we are going to proceed paragraph by paragraph through the letter.
1. Who is the author? What biographical information about the author is presented in the letter?
2. What are some significant facts about the author that add to our understanding of the letter?
3. When was the book written? Where?
4. Who is the audience (recipients of the letter)? What are the significant facts about them?
5. What was the occasion (specific situation) for the writing of the letter?
6. Why was the book written? What was the author’s purpose in writing the book?
7. What is the book about? What is the overall message of the book?
8. How is it written: what genre is it, how is it organized, and what is the author’s writing style?